| 'Farewell' to 'Welfare' persona |
It is now known to all that Dr.Sandip Ghose, CGM-I-C, HRMD will be saying goodbye to RBI this month end. On a Re-Tyring mode, he will take over as Director, National Institute of Securities Market - NISM (An educational initiative by SEBI). Normally, farewell is given on or after retirement.
But, always on its toes, RBI PS Fraternity thought it fit to jump ahead and be the first to get him for the 'Farewell'. A true Friend, Philosopher and Guide to the PS Fraternity, Dr Sandip accepted the invitation of a Luncheon Meet, which was organised on Sunday, the 3rd March 2013 at Kharghar Quarters Community Hall, Navi Mumbai.
A sporting woman supporting the successful Sandip - Smt. Jayanti's presence at the Meet was notable. S/Shri Shekhar Bhatnagar, Officer-in-Charge, Belapur - Navi Mumbai Office and Bazil Shaikh, Chief General Manager & Secretary, Secretary's Department joined the Meet. Speaking on the occasion, they praised Sandip.
Among others who attended the Meet, Re-Tyred colleagues S/Shri R.Sridharan, Raghu Gujar and Smt Rita Fernandes were also seen. Shri Pawan Kumar took a flight from Delhi not to miss the 'farewell bus'. R.Sridharan and Mangesh Tarambale spoke on the occasion. Smt Jayashree Ramnath expressed herself by singing a hindi song. Dr. Sandip delivered a very thought provoking speech but became emotional while interacting with the PSs. He was given a memento by the PS Fraternity.
Shri Surendrababu Pillai compered the programme in a professional way. S/Shri Anand Amin, Kiran Mahadik, Narendra Keni, Vilas Sawant and Arun Raut had taken all the pains for the "Meeting Point" and "Eating Joint". Amar Pahujani captured' the golden moments.
The "Brand Sandip" will always be close to the heart of the PS Fraternity !!!
- Mangesh Tarambale
(Photo courtsey : Amar Pahujani)
Shri Surendrababu Pillai compered the programme in a professional way. S/Shri Anand Amin, Kiran Mahadik, Narendra Keni, Vilas Sawant and Arun Raut had taken all the pains for the "Meeting Point" and "Eating Joint". Amar Pahujani captured' the golden moments.
The "Brand Sandip" will always be close to the heart of the PS Fraternity !!!
- Mangesh Tarambale
(Photo courtsey : Amar Pahujani)


2 comments:
Shri Sandip Ghose has carved a niche for himself in the annals of RBI history. If any single Officer of the Bank who can be credited to have contributed to the culture, values, motivation and morale of the staff members and the Bank's customers as a consequence and thereby the society at large, it is none other than Shri Ghose. I had the privilege of being associated with him for some time and I must unhesitatingly say that he is one of the very few individuals in the Bank with superlative caliber, leadership acumen and vision. Even though he could not become an ED or DG, Shri Ghose has earned a name that exalts him much above the rank. Awards are recognition of one's achievements, but more than that Shri Ghose will be welcomed, received and treated royally by majority of RBIites even after his retirement. How many senior Officers would receive such a treatment? Though it is too early to wish him a happy retired life I may assure him that he has earned a lot of blessings and prayers from staff members and their families during his service in the Bank. I am sure that those prayers will stand him in good stead in his next innings. May God bless him and his family.
P.E. Thomas Panicker
Just the read the Vitalinfo of the day .I am in complete agreement with the views (udgaars) expressed by Mr. Thomas about Dr. Sandip Ghose. Dr. Sandip is one and the only one person in the recent history of RBI who has got so much goodwill amongst all the employees in RBI and outside RBI as well. In early nineties, we both had the opportunity to work together on the Central Committee of RBI Officer’ Association, he being the Secretary of our Patna/ Lucknow Units and I being the representative of Mumbai World Trade Centre. Even during those days, Dr. Sandip was one of the most vocal champions of Officers’ cause and welfare in RBI. Unlike the present, those were very hard days when the Associations had to struggle even for the smallest of the benefits. In the latter part of nineties- on his transfer to Mumbai when he was appointed as Executive Assistant to the Governor and I as All India General Secretary of RBI Officers’ Association , our interaction was quite frequent. I have no hesitation to admit that most of the improvements in our salary structure ( most of our young colleagues may not be aware that till 1997, our Officers from AGMs to GMs cadre were getting lesser salary scale that their counter parts in the banking industry) introduction of new facilities and up gradation of existing facilities, post scale increment, Linking of Petrol, Central Bank Allowance, promotion from the date of declaration of result, and above all the introduction of 5-day week, would had been hard to come in RBI but for the vision and active support of Mr. Ghose and his ability to put across the issues before the Governor, being one of the Most Important Functionaries of the Bank. If I continue to count, the list would be endless.
The next opportunity to work closely with Mr. Sandip came in my way when he took over as CGM Incharge of HRDD- which he later got renamed as HRMD, and I as General Manager was looking after HR and Welfare portfolios in Central Office. Directly working with Mr. Sandip for the Bank, I can vouch was a pleasant experience in itself and I enjoyed the most. This one and half years of my service in HRMD with Mr. Sandip at the helm of affairs of the Department, was most valuable period of my entire career in the Bank . It was really wonderful to work with you Mr. Ghose and I thank you for all the guidance and support for which I shall ever remain obliged . I wish he should have been around there in RBI for some more time to lay strong foundation for our next wage revision and of course for clinching the issue of Pension upgradation.
Much that I would have wished was to participate in his departmental farewell but being away in Australia, I am missing the opportunity. Nonetheless, on my return I would call on him in his new office and am sure he would spare some of his valuable time for his ex-colleague. Thank you Mr. Ghose for all you did for all of us and wish all the best to your family and you in your new assignment.
I also thank the Vitalinfo for keeping all of us abreast of these development.
With warm regards
M. L MAHAJAN
04,03.2013
Post a Comment