Saturday, December 8, 2012

All well that ends cell

Discussion: U Subbarao (second from l) talking to people outside her bungalow
......A few minutes later, a car stopped outside the high, black gates of the bungalow, with Dr D Subbarao’s wife, U Subbarao in the backseat. The car went into the driveway and then U Subbarao stepped out and walked outside, as she saw the gathered residents requesting her for an interaction. She heard the residents and said she would enquire about the tower; she had no idea that it was being installed. “I assure you something will be done,” she said, allaying fears. She said she would check with certain persons and said that, “Though I am not RBI and not making a commitment I will speak to the people concerned. It takes two hours to dismantle the tower, I am told,” she said graciously. U Subbarao also reassured the women, saying, “Ladies, I am not protesting at all, I am going to find out.” By then, there was a warm, neighbourly feeling permeating that air........

Read - Mid-Day

No comments: