Monday, March 5, 2012

The no-frills banker

Dr.K.C.Chakrabarty, Deputy Governor, Reserve Bank of India is known to speak his mind freely, consequences be damned. So, it is not easy to extract a politically correct statement out of him, as an employee of a public sector bank realised last week. Dr Chakrabarty had just inaugurated a ‘Rural Self Employment Training Institute' of Indian Overseas Bank at Kothagiri in the Nilgiri district, Tamil Nadu. An officer of the bank rushed to him with the ‘visitors book', asking for a comment. The Deputy Governor practically shoo-ed him away saying: “What do you want me to write here? This is just the inauguration and I have already wished you all the best. I cannot write that you are ‘doing good work' etc. First you do your work. Maybe next time I come here I will write something.” 
HBL

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The Deputy Governor must think that he is a public servant and bankers are his customers. He cannot afford to be so arrogant. Mr. Subbarao must bring him to his senses. This post may please be sent to the concerned