Thursday, August 23, 2012

Personal loss of a wonderful boss...........


I had the privilage of working with Ms.Nalini Ambegaonkar for over over 7 years--first at the Division of Trade in Economic Department for nearly 5 years and latter at CPC for nearly 3 years.  I have only fond memories.  It is true that many of my colleagues found it extremely difficult to work with her.  But, from my own experience, it could vouch that she was much misunderstood in this respect.  All she expected from her junior colleagues was sincerity in the work, English without mistakes, and absolutely no gossip especially about her.  Once one meets these requirements, she had been an angel.  In fact, when she became in-charge of CPC, she wanted one of two of us--Shri. R.V. Borkar or me (I was sent because I was Junior)--who faithfully met these needs.  The nobility streak was very much in her.  Again, I have several instances to this effect. Hers was a great soul. I feel a personal loss of a wonderful boss for whom I have a high regard and respect.  I pray for her.  

Dr. N Nagarajan, Ex-Advisor, DEAP, RBI, CO, Mumbai (via e-mail)

No comments: